I’ve been thinking a lot about rightsizing lately. In just a few months, I will be turning (dare I say it out loud?) 55 years old. My children are grown and on their own. My husband and I both work fulltime outside the home, and, in the case of my husband, on the other side of the state. We have been talking a lot about downsizing – what to get rid of, what to keep, where to move, whether we want to move. All excellent questions that should propel us through the next stage of life.
As I’ve been working through different scenarios personally, one of our clients has been working through the same issue as a business. I’ve found, being in both situations, that there are quite a few similarities. Both of us are asking the same questions.
- 1. How much space is the right amount of space?
- 2. What will I need in a year? In 5 years? In 10 years?
- 3. Are we in growth mode?
- 4. How is our space currently used? Does it sit mostly un-used (as is the case with my formal dining room at home) or is every square inch used 24/7?
- 5. Do we like to hang out and work together or do we go to our separate corners for focus and quiet?
As you evaluate your second highest business expense, are you asking the same questions? Do you want to move, but have no idea what you need? Give us a call. We can work together to find the correct answers to the questions that are right for your business. Once you know how much space you need, finding the right space in the best location will be easy.